You’ve worked hard at getting your name out there through friends and family and built a solid customer base. But the problem with contractor jobs is that you are often working yourself out of a job. Even if you do ongoing maintenance, it may not be enough to pay your business expenses. That is why your construction business needs a solid online marketing strategy.
The team here at Construction Charlie has 5 proven strategies that will increase your business.
1. Know Who You Are Marketing To
It is imperative that you know exactly who your target audience is. To keep from wasting your marketing dollars, you need to know exactly who you want to reach.
Is your ideal customer:
- Married or single?
- Homeowner, renter, or business owner?
- Young, middle-aged, or older?
- With kids or without?
Narrowing down your target audience to one type of persona will help you create effective marketing campaigns. That doesn’t mean you won’t attract other demographics, but the narrowing down will help you define your brand.
2. Write Content With Your Target Audience in Mind
When you sit down to write content, whether it is on social media, newsletter, or a blog post, visualize your ideal customer.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What are their biggest fears and keeps them up at night?
- What information are they searching for?
- How can your service solve their problem?
Everything you write on your social media pages or your blog should speak to your ideal customer. You need to identify their pain points and address those fears. Then, provide them with solutions to their problems. This helps you build trust and be recognized as an authority.
3. Will Your Website Convert?
Many construction companies have websites, but that doesn’t mean they are converting into leads. If you have spent a lot of time driving traffic to your website, but your business isn’t growing, then the chances are your website is missing key elements.
A high converting website has these key elements:
- One call to action- limit the choices so the consumer only has one option.
- Information about how you can solve their problems- share the final outcome of your services, not the process you use to get the final outcome.
- Skimmable headlines- make your content easy to skim through so the reader can find exactly what they need to know.
- Images and videos- many people don’t take the time to read your content, which is why the right images and videos are essential.
4. Building Backlinks
There are three main types of backlinks that you should consider. You need on page and off page backlinks to help Google recognize your site as trustworthy. The more trustworthy it thinks you are, the higher up you’ll appear in search results.
On page links can either be internal, meaning you link to other pages on your website, or external, meaning you link to other websites. Off-page links are when another site links back to you. This could be links on social media or other blogs. You need a combination of these links to establish your website as an authority in your niche.
Get in Touch With Contractor Charlie to Put These Strategies in Place
The team here at Contractor Charlie can help you put all of these proven strategies in place. We specialize in helping contractors increase their online visibility so they get more customers. Our team knows exactly how to position your website to attract your ideal market.
Get in touch with us today so we can evaluate your website. Our team will get back to you ASAP so we can discuss your needs. We look forward to hearing from you.